Skip to main content

Man Diagnosed With Motor Neurone Disease Announces His Death & Funeral Details


A company director who is terminally ill has announced on LinkedIn the date he will die at a clinic in Switzerland and details for his funeral.
Simon Binner, 57, who was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease in January, updated his profile on the professional networking site to announce he would die this coming Monday.
The Cambridge graduate from Sutton, south London, who recently handed over his home care business, describes how the disease accelerated "rapidly".
He wrote: "I was diagnosed with aggressive Motor Neurone Disease (MND) on 7 Jan 2015. As I was driven home I had already decided what I would gladly have to do when my time was upon me. I died in Switzerland with Eternal Spirit on Mon 19 Oct 2015 and my funeral was on Fri 13 Nov 2015. My MND accelerated very rapidly. The sawbones initially thought I would last until 2017/2018, but they were mistaken - no worries, it's an inexact science! I don't recommend MND! Better to have one massive fatal stroke or be killed instantly by a drunk driver! There is nothing that I can say that's positive about MND."
The father and grandfather will now travel to Basel, Switzerland, to end his life at a clinic called Eternal Spirit.

Comments