Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts with the label Nigerian News

Photos of Senator Dino Melaye's 2015 Rolls Royce Wraite model car

According to Sahara Reporters, the luxury car cost at least $450,000 (N89,563,500). Another photo after the cut...

Area boys terrorise Ibadan community, injure policemen

Area boys in the Apata area of Ibadan on Tuesday terrorized the people of that community, attacking passersby and injuring at least three policemen from the Apata division who responded to the chaos. An eyewitness said that trouble started when someone bought a mobile telephone from a trader but discovered that the telephone was faulty. It was learnt that when the person tried to return the phone, the trader refused to accept it and denied that it was faulty stating that it was purchased in good condition. The buyer was displeased by the response, then gathered his friends to the location. The eyewitness said: “The buyer, who is a notorious ‘area boy’ got angry after discovering that the telephone he had paid for was not good. “The Igbo trader in Apata stood his ground that he would not accept the phone back. Before now, there had been tension between the Igbo traders in the area and some suspected miscreants who extort money from the traders and commercial...

Mrs Buhari appeals to APC not to renege on their promise to pay N5k to unemployed Nigerians

Read the press statement below... The wife of the President, Her Excellency Aisha Buhari has appealed to the ruling party All Progressives Congress, APC not to renege on their campaign promise of paying N5,000 to 25 million unemployed Nigerians and giving school children one free meal a day. This comes after the senators from the party voted against the senate moving a motion calling on the Presidency to pay the N5,000 allowance. Speaking further, Mrs Buhari said The APC is a party of integrity and had assured Nigerians during the campaign that it would pay 5,000 Naira each month to 25 million most vulnerable citizens. The wife of the president asked Nigerians to be patient with the APC government as the change they had been yearning for had come to stay Signed Adebisi Olumide ajayi S A media Wife of the president

Photos: Pro-Biafran protester shot by police in Igweocha, PH

A pro-Biafran protester was allegedly shot during a protest in Igweocha in Port Harcourt today by the Nigerian military police. The protesters have been causing panic and disturbance in some parts of Port Harcourt, agitating for the Biafran state. Hope this doesn't get worse than this. More photos after the cut...

FFK calls out Buhari for appointing another northerner as EFCC boss, describes pro-biafran protest as instructive, formidable

President Buhari sacked Ibrahim Lamorde as EFCC chairman and appointed Mustapha Magu as the acting EFCC Chairman yesterday November

Pastor rapes 13yr old daughter of a family friend during deliverance, blames the devil

46 year-old pastor, Ifeanyi Bernard, has been arrested by the Nasarawa State Police command on Monday for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl in Karu Local Government Area of the state. According to police authorities, the alleged rape took place on November 3 when the pastor was performing deliverance on the girl. However, the pastor described the incident as the handiwork of the devil. While parading the suspect at the Criminal Investigative Department, the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Sani Mohammed, said the suspect was arrested following a report by the victim's father, Mr. Martins Ijiwo. According to the police, the pastor lured the victim into his house under the pretext of casting out demons from her. As soon as she was in his house, he allegedly pushed her on to his bed and raped her repeatedly. The commissioner said the suspect threatened to kill the victim if she reported the incident to any member of her family. However, the girl's father heard about the rape a...

Lol. Lagos State Police urges residents stop reporting crimes first on social media

The Lagos State Police Command has urged residents of the state not to report traffic robberies and other crimes first on social media but to the nearest police station as that will help the police forestall further occurrence. The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), DSP Joseph Offor, made the appeal on Monday, November 9. According to The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni, lamented that Nigerians have the habit of reporting crimes first on the social media. He also spoke about how some distress calls were actually blown out of proportion and advised the residents to always verify their information before causing panic. Offor added that making false reports of crime incidents on social media was a cheap blackmail against the leadership of the Nigeria Police. "People should endeavour to report every road traffic robbery to the police station so that we will know who to hold responsible. This will help us to strategise and come agains...

Ben Murray-Bruce reveals how he founded his Multi billion naira company with N20k his father borrowed him

Senator Ben Murray-Bruce revealed on twitter that his father borrowed him N20, 000 in 1980 to start his business, Silverbird Group. They are celebrating their 35th anniversary this year. He said his story is evidence that you do not need to steal to make it in Nigeria and when people started running their mouths, he said anyone with evidence that he stole to build his organization should show evidence. See some reactions after the cut...

Bukola Saraki gets standing ovation in House of Reps (photos)

Senate President, Senator Bukola Saraki got a standing ovation today from all members of the House of Representatives when he appeared in the Green Chambers of the National Assembly to give a speech as Special Guest of Honour at the inauguration of the Standing Committees of the House. When Saraki was invited to give his speech, the chamber erupted in a loud applause that lasted for several minutes with all the members and guests standing. More photos after the cut...

Commonwealth appoints GEJ to mediate in Zanzibar election stalemate

Following his highly acclaimed leadership of the Commonwealth Observer Group in last month’s Tanzania general elections, the 53-nation body of former British colonies has given former President Goodluck Jonathan a fresh mandate to lead the charge for the resolution of the political stalemate in the semi-independent island of Zanzibar. After the October 25 general elections which produced John Magufuli as the new President of Tanzania, the Jonathan-led COG and other international observers had endorsed the polling processes as credible. However, tension rules on the island of Zanzibar, following the nullification of the presidential election results by the local electoral body, over claims of irregularities. International observers have continued to dispute this decision, on the grounds that both the voting and counting processes were held in an atmosphere of peace. The Commonwealth which has a history of mediating on the island has kick-started the international efforts toward...

Buhari lists his dos and don'ts to Ministers-designate, says all foreign trips must be duty-related

President Buhari has reportedly listed his dos and don't to all the ministers-designate ahead of their inauguration this Wednesday November 11th. The dos and don'ts were listed to the ministers during the ministerial retreat which took place in Abuja last week Thursday and Friday. While speaking at the retreat, Buhari charged the ministers to ensure that all of their foreign trips must be duty related. Among the dos and don't include; - Foreign travels must be duty-related - ministers must operate within lean resources -no more flamboyance - strict adherence to the rule of law -compliance to Civil Service Rules -living above board -cooperation with Permanent Secretaries - no more rancour between ministers and ministers of State - appointment of some aides should be from the civil service - drastic reduction of vehicles in convoys -all decisions must lead to change. A source at the presidency who spoke with the Nation said “The ministers have been told to limi...

Throwback pic of Buhari receiving the Golden Eaglets after winning the U17 championship in 1985

President Buhari pictured in a group photo with the U17 after winning the maiden championship in China in 1985. He will soon be receiving the Golden Eaglets who won the 2015 U17 championship in Chile yesterday November 08.

Photos: Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki at the searing-in ceremony of new INEC chairman and commissioners

President Buhari this morning performed the swearing-in ceremony of the new INEC Chairman Professor Mahmud Yakubu as well as five INEC Commissioners namely Antonla Taiye Okoosi Simbine for North-central, Alhaji Baba Shettima Arfo for North-east, Mohammed Mustafa Lecky for South-south, Amina Zakari for North East and Soyebi Adedeji Solomon for South-west. Continue to see more photos after the cut...

Photos: 3-day old baby found abandoned in front of a church in Lagos

A 3day old baby was found abandoned in front of a church, The Apostolic Church, Nigeria, at Water busstop, Gowon Estate Assembly around 7 am yesterday Sunday Nov. 8th. The baby was wrapped in a white shawl with a pack of his medication placed by his side. The LIB reader who sent in the photos said they took the baby to the Gowon Estate police station to report the incident. The baby is healthy and alive. Thank God the mum didn't dump the baby in a canal. More photos after the cut...

MTN Group CEO to resign over NCC $5.2billion fine

The Group CEO of MTN, Sifiso Dabengwa, is expected to resign over the recent $5.4billion fine by Nigerian Communication Commission for failing to cut off customers with unregistered SIM cards. The telecoms company said in a statement today that Dabengwa will resign immediately and will be replaced by non-executive chairman Phuthuma Nhleko as the company continues to dialogue with the Nigerian government over the fine.

Wanted suspected Boko Haram terrorist apprehended on Aero Contractors flight in Abuja

Press statement from the Nigerian Army The declaration of 100 suspected Boko Haram terrorists has started to pay the desired dividend as one of them was arrested as he attempted to flee. Today(Yesterday November 8th) at Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport, Abuja, a man suspected to be one of the declared wanted suspected Boko Haram terrorists, Chindo Bello was apprehended by Aviation Security as he was boarding Aero Contractors’ Airline flight to Lagos. The suspect has since been handed over to the military intelligence for interrogation and prosecution. We would like to thank those eagle eyed and patriotic security agents and good citizens for the tip off that led to the arrest of the suspect. The Nigerian Army would like to reiterate the need for all well meaning Nigerians and those residing in our great country to be more vigilant and assist security agencies with information about the declared wanted terrorists, their sponsors and other criminals in our midst. Colonel Sani...

Photos: 15yr old Nanny brutally beaten & slashed with razor blade by her employer

Hawa,15,was brutally beaten by her employer, Nafisa. She slashed her with razor blade, rubbed pepper into her wound. The young girl managed to escape when Nafisa grabbed her breasts with the intention of slashing them with razor blade. She was rushed to Garki hospital by concerned Neighbours who saw her running out of the house. According to Aishat Alubankudi, the young girl has been discharged from the hospital. Read what she shared on Facebook after the cut... Am glad to say that Miss Hawa, the nanny who is a victim of brutal and vicious physical abuse from an evil boss call Nafisa has been discharged from Garki hospital. I am also glad to tell you that Hawa is now in our custody, in the house of a BCO member recuperating. According to the police notice, Nafisa will be charged to court tomorrow and we plan to attend and I urge every one to come to court to support many unknown Hawas around Nigeria and for many Hawas that gave up their lives as victims of such abuse According to H...

How thief hypnotised me, stole cash, clothes- Victim

A 38-year-old-man, Chijioke Onwunbiko,  has been arraigned at an Ikeja Magistrate Court sitting at Ogba, Agege, Lagos for allegedly stealing N10,000 from a 15 year old boy Chigozie Ali. The incident allegedly occurred on August 18, 2015 at about 9:00 at Orile Agbado. According to the prosecution, the suspect allegedly stole the money from Ali; a boy, who was going to sell some clothes for his older brother in a nearby market, an offence punishable under Section 285 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos, Nigeria, 2011. It was gathered that the suspect approached Ali in Sango area of Ogun State, and asked him for road directions but as he attempted to tell him that he didn’t know the place, his (the boy’s) memory went blank and the next place he found himself was Kola in Alagbado area of Lagos. Fortunately, someone who knew him saw him in the area and in surprise asked him where he was going “It was there and then that my eyes cleared”, Ali said. The complainant...

Chief Olu Falae jets out to London for medical treatment

Weeks after his kidnap and release, former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae jetted out to the United Kingdom for a thorough medical treatment. The Politician decided to go for a check up following the injuries and trauma he went through in the hands of his captors. One of his aides, Captain Moshood Raji (rtd ) confirmed this to Vanguard. According to him, the politician had not been able to have enough rest after the abduction saga.

Speaker of the HOR, Yakubu Dogara pays courtesy visit to Atiku

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Yakubu Dogara today visited former VP, Atiku Abubakar, who shared a photo from the visit on his official twitter page.